On Sunday, Baba Ramdev launched Swadeshi Samriddhi SIM cards, in collaboration with Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL), with some attractive schemes and other benefits.
Swami Ramdev rose to fame as a Yoga guru who preached and enlightened Indians about various different asanas, giving them a new lease on life. Pertaining to the recognition and faith he got under the title of Baba Ramdev, a couple of years ago, he embarked on a new brand, Patanjali, which produced “shudh desi” consumer goods. These goods not only claimed authenticity and pureness, but were also available at a lower price.
Earlier this year, Patanjali had put in motion its e-commerce operations that are being done through the website patanjaliayurved.net.
After gaining enormous profits through his Ayurvedic and consumer goods’ business enterprises, he announced, on the 27th of May, 2018, the launch of Swadeshi Samriddhi SIM cards, in alliance with the state owned BSNL. These SIM cards would not only have exciting call plans, but also would come along with several other benefits. Mentioned herewith are all the highlights from the launch that one would want to know about.
- To start with, the SIM cards, as of now, would be available only to Patanjali employees and office bearers. After the complete roll out of the SIM cards, it would be available to the common public as well.
- The scheme plan of this telecom service provider would include unlimited free calls across the country, 100 free SMS and 2GB data. All this can be availed by a mere recharge of ₹
- The SIM cards would also be accompanied with medical and health insurance covers of ₹5 lakh and ₹5 lakh respectively. However, these covers are valid only in cases of road accidents.
- These SIM cards can be availed by Patanjali members by merely showing their identity proofs and the SIM would be activated soon after some paper work.
- It has also been reported that along with the SIM card, people are also about to receive a 10% discount on Patanjali products.
- According to reports, the motive behind the launch of this Swadeshi Samriddhi SIM cards is “Prosperity for Charity”. All the profit earned from this telecommunication business would be used for the welfare of the country.
- “There are five lakh counters of BSNL and from there people can soon get Patanjali Swadeshi Samriddhi card” Baba Ramdev said, as quoted by ANI.
While Baba Ramdev’s businesses are growing in leaps and bounds, what makes people wonder is, why is a man, who is very successful in influencing and benefitting people through yoga, foraying into several different sectors that are relatively alien to him? Whilst some of us ponder upon this question, stay tuned to this space for further updates on the launch of this new SIM card.